The North American Observatory on Health Systems and Policies (NAO) is a collaborative partnership of interested researchers, research organizations, governments, and health organizations promoting evidence-informed health system policy decision-making. Due to the high degree of health system decentralization in the United States and Canada, the NAO is committed to focusing considerable attention to state and provincial health systems and to creating a foundation for more systematic health system and policy comparisons among substates.
Health Policy Updates
- United States (Feb 2, 2024): Rise of Uninsured with post-COVID-19 Medicaid Disenrollment
- A Global Survey of Emergency Care Clinical Networks: Discussion and Implications for Canadian Learning Health Systems, Healthcare Policy
- The impact of team-based primary care on medication-related outcomes in older adults: A comparative analysis of two Canadian provinces, Preventive Medicine Reports
- A history and future of psychedelics: The case of the Canadian military, Journal of Military, Veteran and Family Health
New Rapid Reviews
- Newsletter – December 2023
Health System Profiles
The North American Observatory is hosted at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario. We wish to acknowledge this land on which the University of Toronto operates. For thousands of years it has been the traditional land of the Huron-Wendat, the Seneca, and the Mississaugas of the Credit. Today, this meeting place is still the home to many Indigenous people from across Turtle Island and we are grateful to have the opportunity to work on this land.